“Jesus didn’t die so you could attend church on Sundays. He died so that you may BECOME the church.”
– Marcus Stanley
1. Church is supposed to be a doing word.
2. Yet our actions must be guided by our Father not the world.
3. Jesus often bore the brunt of human accusation for being obedient to His Father.
4. His vindication came every time His obedience would bear good and often miraculous fruit.
5. I’ve often seen situations where people demand to know where the church is and what the church is doing.
6. There are those whose inquiry is genuine – they truly want to understand what role the church is playing.
7. There are those whose inquiry is in fact an accusation – they expect the church to show up a certain way and are angry it hasn’t.
8. We do as the Father instructs us, even if that means disappointing and angering people.
9. Even if it means being fools for God.
10. We are the Body of Christ and that means Christ must guide our every action.
11. Because the wisdom of God will always trump the wisdom of man.
12. Every. single. time.