“Things I was afraid to do 2 years ago, I can do them now. Because when you practice enough, the fear goes away and you focus on being better.”– Mark Essien
1. Fear of the unknown. Is there anything more paralysing?
2. When taking that first step seems like the end of the world.
3. The most effective thing for me is to not negotiate with fear to go away. Because it rarely will. But instead to just go ahead and do that which terrifies me.
4. Because one of two things will happen.
5. I’ll be great at it and everything will work out just fine. And then I’ll realise I had nothing to be afraid of.
6. I’ll suck at it and everything will still work out just fine because the failure won’t kill me. I’ll learn from it and do better the next time. And then I’ll realise that I had nothing to be afraid of.
7. Either way, there’s nothing to be afraid of. 🙂
8. Go figure that “Do not be afraid” and “Be strong and of good courage” make such a strong appearance in the Bible.
9. God knows how scary this thing called life can be for us. But He’s with us every step of the way. We just have to take Him at His word and trust Him to make good of our first step and each one that follows after.
10. What first step do you need to take? I know I definitely have a couple waiting for me.