“If I asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses.”
– Henry Ford (Founder of Ford Motor Company)
1. Figure out what you want. Figure out what it takes to get it. Make it happen.
2. Seems like the general formula of life. According to the world and even in the church these days.
3. But the past few years have brought me to a seemingly mundane yet humbling conclusion.
4. I don’t know what’s best for me.
5. All too often God has shelved my oh-so-brilliant plans and I’ve watched with an odd mix of shock and awe as He unravels something better than anything I could have dreamed up.
6. The fulfilment levels from God’s ingenious plans make mine look like a toddler’s scribbles.
7. He doesn’t just know what’s best for me…He wants it for me…He actively goes after it on my behalf.
8. Even when the path of greatest resistance to my joy is me.
9. So I’ve made it my mission to stay out of His way.
10. These days if you ask me what I want, my answer is simple.
11. Whatever God wants for me.