“I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively.”
– Apostle Paul (2 Corinthians 6:11-13 MSG)
1. I love how The Message gives a whole new perspective on Scripture.
2. It’s so easy to blame circumstances for the way our lives are turning out. If only I had this… If only that didn’t happen…
3. Yet, though we never really like to hear it, we have a lot of responsibility in how we handle what we do have….what’s in our hand at this very moment.
4. I’m learning to appreciate that there are times God will give me ready-to-eat fruit. Blessings that I just need to receive and enjoy as is.
6. I’ve come to find that in moments of frustration, doubt, despair, etc, it’s hardly ever my life or anything/anyone in it that needs to change. It’s often my perspective.
7. My life isn’t small. May I live openly and expansively.