“A Christian is not just a person going to Heaven. Shouldn’t a Christian also be a person coming from Heaven, with the goods, power and virtue of Heaven?”
– Francis Frangipane (Spiritual Discernment and the Mind of Christ)
1. God is intentional in everything He does and everything He does.
2. If salvation was all about getting into heaven, why bother leaving us here on earth post-salvation?
3. If the goal was as many numbers as possible in heaven, wouldn’t it make more sense to spirit us away into heaven the moment we accept salvation and avoid losing anyone through backsliding?
4. He leaves us here for a reason. Jesus actually mentioned it in His final prayer on earth before His ascension.
5. “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but that You keep them and protect them from the evil one.” – John 17:15 AMPC
6. So if your idea of being saved is keeping your head down until you die or until Christ returns, whichever comes first, you may need to rethink how well you know your Saviour.
7. Have you considered what God wants you to do between the moment of your salvation and the moment of your last breath?
8. Ask the Saviour. Heed His call, whatever it looks like. Run the race with everything you’ve got.
9. Bring heaven to earth.