“When the disciples met Jesus they began to argue over who was the greatest. Of course we know Jesus corrected them by teaching them that greatness is only found in being the servant of all. But the fact remains that there is something about hanging around Jesus that causes you to know that you were born for glory…created in the image of God…and commissioned to transform the world. Humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, it’s just thinking of yourself less. The truth of grace humbles a man without degrading him and exalts a man without inflating him!
When we humble ourselves God exalts us. Why is it that we only preach one side of this equation? When God exalts someone we need to celebrate their promotion not sabotage their favor. You will never be exalted by being jealous of others. Paupers often hate princes and princesses. They are often convinced that anyone who is exalted stepped on people to get there. Some people did for sure but many made their way all the way down to the top.”
– Kris Vallotton
- If your identity is secure in Christ, then you have no reason to feel threatened by someone else. Don’t be the brother who couldn’t rejoice with his father when the prodigal son returned.
- Yes, it is possible to be secure and confident in God. 100% not a paltry 99.
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you. We believe God keeps His word then get surprised/suspicious when He does. I don’t get it.
- The more I hang around God the more He humbles me…just by being Him. Like every time I watch Him express His love for me or someone else, I realise just how high the standard of love He’s set for me is. No way I can show the same kind of love without His help. It’s amazing to know how much He cherishes me but at the same time it inspires me to be better…to do better with His help.
- When your success is defined as God getting His glory-then every time He is glorified-regardless of how or by whom-you consider it a win. A reason to celebrate! We’re on the same side. When God wins, we all win.