“Cast: to throw with force; hurl
“Cast all your anxiety on Him”. 1 Peter 5:7.
Not ‘gently place’ or ‘give’, cast.”
– Jenn Johnson
1. I’ve always thought of casting as gently placing.
2. So reading this had me going-waaaaaaaiiiiit a minute!
3. Being anxious means I don’t entirely think He’s going to come through for me. I don’t wholly trust His love for me and His willingness to do good for/in/through me.
4. Psalm 139. He has every single day of our lives figured out right down to the tiniest details.
5. So whenever we feel anxious, we have a choice- remain anxious or cast it all to Him. It’s a choice.
6. Rather than walking around with a huge chain of anxiety around our necks, might I suggest casting it all to Him.
7. After all, He has promised us perfect peace. “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” [Isaiah 26:3]
8. This casting business feels mighty good if I do say so myself. 🙂