“The devil has made it his business to monopolize on 3 elements: noise, hurry, crowds. Satan is aware of the power of silence.” – J. Elliot
1. That moment when you’re running late and frantically looking for something, your keys or phone, for instance. Isn’t it funny that it’s only when you stop, take a deep breath, then think through where you could possibly have placed it, that you then find it? In the most obvious of places?
2. “Be still and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10
3. I find it interesting that out of all the conditions God could set for us to see Him, He picks our stillness.
4. When He could so easily go for pomp and pizzazz, He chooses the most innocuous ways to reveal Himself to mankind. A burning bush for Moses. A whisper for Elijah. Jesus born in a lowly manger. All of which require us to give Him more than a passing glance.
5. In this age of distraction, hanging out with God can often prove to be mission impossible.
6. But it’s the sheer power of the noise in the world within and without us and the danger that comes with it…the danger of losing sight of what truly matters…that must push us to have coffee with God each day.
7. For in the stillness of His presence, we find our soul’s sufficiency.