“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”
– Shauna Niequist
1. I believe in seeing the goodness of God in the land of the living.
2. For me that means that there is absolutely nothing that God cannot work for our good.
3. Whether it is our failures or the failures of others…the difficult roads that are sickness and death…or everything in between.
4. Regardless of the seasons of life we find ourselves in, God doesn’t lose His ability to birth something good through it.
5. This doesn’t mean we gloss over that which is hard and hop, skip and jump into a fictitious joy that never quite reaches our eyes.
6. I equally believe we can be honest – brutally honest – with God in our pain and disappointment.
7. It is in finding that which we can still be grateful for, that we don’t remain in the pit of despair.
8. David was a man after God’s heart because he looked for God in everything, including his failures and his deepest sorrows.
9. Whatever comes your way, I pray it always has you running to God never from Him.
10. May our joy never cause us to forget Him nor our sorrow to despise Him.